Why Do I Need Contract Administration?
The role of a construction project Contract Administrator is to assume responsibility for administering construction standard contracts and is extremely varied. Typically, our Contract Administration service includes:
- Managing the tendering process from invitation to tender through to processing the tender applications.
- Preparation of formal contract documents for all parties to execute
- Creation of a clear instruction of the proposed works in line with the clients' requirements
- Issuing any contract variations that might be required
- Chairing regular site meetings and client progress meetings and following up with progress reports
- Coordination and appointment of additional surveys as required (asbestos for example)
- Collation of contractor insurances and qualifications as appropriate
- Collation and issuance of project documentation and issuing same to clients
- Issuing certificates of practical completion and any interim certificates
- Inspection of works, completion of valuation certificates / defects schedules
- Issuing final certificates and health & safety manuals
Our Contract Administration service is very flexible, but follows the standards set out by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
In most cases, projects will fall under one of the following types of JCT contract:
- Minor Works Building Contract
- Intermediate Building Contract
- Intermediate Building Contract with contractors design
- Standard Building Contract
To date, Commercial Property Surveys Ltd has successfully managed refurbishment projects on single units through to complete estates ranging in values from £50,000 to several million pounds.
Clients using our services benefit from our many years experience of construction contract administration to ensure not only that their projects are delivered on time and within budget, but also that they add real value to their portfolios.
If you would like to explore how we can help you maximise the value of your industrial / commercial property portfolio, please call us on 0121 711 7110 for an initial discussion without any obligation or charge.
Typical Project Services
Following a full site measure, our experienced building surveyors will help you to reconfigure existing internal space into something appropriate for today’s market and will also advise on external decoration and car-parking to maximise the visual impact.
Our services in this area have proven to add value and increase interest from potential tenants, so is particularly valuable when employed on empty units and estates.
CAD plans and CGI visualisations are included in our price and greatly assist clients in understanding how their properties can be improved.
Planning and Tender
If planning permission and/or building regulations are required (and in most cases they are), we will handle the necessary permissions on your behalf and liaise as appropriate with the relevant authorities.
The process of obtaining is simplified because we handle of this on your behalf, inviting contractors to quote against a detailed project specification. If you have your own preferred contractors, they can be included on the tender list.
Tenders are adjudicated in controlled conditions and a report is produced to enable you to select the contractor to carry the works against your own selection criteria.
Build and Delivery
Once your contractor is appointed, we attend an initial pre-contract meeting to finalise a schedule of works and make arrangements for site access, welfare etc.
Works are usually contracted using JCT standard issue contracts, with contract valuations and stage payments agreed in advance.
We work closely with all parties to ensure that the project is completed in time and on budget.
At the end of the project, a complete project and health & safety will be delivered, along with all warranty information as appropriate.